Sports Massage Therapy Offered By Shadowood Chiropractic Center
Sports massage is based on the Swedish massage technique but is geared in a highly targeted way to the athlete. Athletes tax and test their muscles like few others, and they are much more prone to overuse and injury. Both aggressive and repetitive muscle use can cause injuries that are both overt and more deeply seated.
Sports massage places a focus on the muscles that are under the most stress and targets them for therapeutic relief. Sports massage is effective when used both before and after training and competitions.
What Are The Top Benefits of A Sports Massage?
Your Boca Raton chiropractor is aware of the benefits of sports massage for athletes and active persons. It is effective both as a standalone treatment and when used in conjunction with chiropractic care.
- Improved Flexibility. Training and injury can lead to muscle stiffness and rigidity. In some cases, injuries and microtears in the muscles can leave scar tissue as they heal. Sports massage helps to loosen muscle rigidity and improve flexibility, which in turn enhances sports performance.
- Greater Range of Motion. With the breakup of scar tissue and improved flexibility, the greater range of motion is possible. Sports massage can also target and improve muscle-tendon junctions. This allows athletes to push performance limits to greater heights of success.
- Shorter Recovery Time. Training, exercise, and sports competition all take their toll on the body. Whether exertion is heavy or repetitive in nature, the activity stresses the body. Sports massage assists in faster healing at the cellular level, shorter recovery times and the ability to continue training at high levels.
- Better Circulation and Blood Flow. Massage assists in stimulating blood flow, oxygenating the blood, assisting the flow of lymph fluid and circulating key nutrients throughout the body. This results in cleaner, higher quality blood and healthier cells and tissues.
- Waste Removal. Improved circulation helps to stimulate and release toxins from the body, including lactic and uric acids. This cleanses the blood, removes waste and speeds healing, improving sports performance and overall health.
- Reduction in Inflammation. Inflammation in the body, as well as general swelling, is often a side effect of physical activity. Massage helps to stimulate natural healing processes, release toxins and reduce the presence of swelling and inflammation.
- Improves Mood and Mindset. A great portion of sports performance is psychological. Being stressed or unfocused from physical or emotional causes will spill over onto the playing field. Regular massage helps to reduce stress and improve mood by releasing endorphins, serotonin, and dopamine.
- Natural Pain Relief. The release of positive body chemicals also brings natural pain relief to injuries and sore muscles.
The feeling of well-being and associated body and brain chemistry following a sports massage will enhance all areas of life. Sports massage isn’t just for pro athletes; it’s for active persons from all walks of life. No matter what your sport, regular sports massage can bring healing and performance benefits on many levels.
Visit Our Local Chiropractor for Sports Massage Therapy Today
Boca Raton chiropractor Shadowood Chiropractic Center has been serving Boca Raton and the surrounding areas since 1985. In addition to a full range of chiropractic treatments, we also offer premier sports massage therapy, contact us for an appointment today.